Thursday, September 19, 2019

Will Taylor Special


Will Taylor Special

Hook - Gamakatsu T10-6H
Thread - Black
Tag - Flat copper tinsel and green followed by red stretch nylon
Ribbing - Oval gold tinsel
Body - Peacock herl
Wing - Gray squirrel tail a 4-5 moose hairs
Hackle - Dyed yellow

Boyd Dunnett was the originator and William Taylor from Holcomb, NB, a regular on the little Southwest Miramichi and Frank Somers' uncle, popularized the fly, hence its name.

Modern Atlantic Salmon Flies - Paul C Marriner

3 comments:

Katiethree said...

Will Taylor was my Great Uncle…….what a nice person……his kids are still here in the Miramichi and grandchildren,…my dad tied this hook…Frank Somers Miramichi

Katiethree said...

Will Taylor Special Fly…named after my great uncle…..his kids and grandkids live here on the Miramichi …my dad used to tie this fly for years! He passed in 2016….Frank Somers from Miramichi…..where did I get the pattern for this fly? My uncle Jarvis Bryenton got my dad to make this for his years ago

Normand Frechette said...

thank you for sharing that history