Monday, June 20, 2011

The RS2

I was tying a bunch of these for an upcoming fishing trip and decided to photograph a few for the blog. I dont tie them with traditional materials but I like to substitute the microfibett tails with moose body hairs and the fluffy wing with zlon. So here's the few that I tied up.


Grey


Black


Olive


Olive Bi-color


Baetis


Tan



Tan Bi-color


Brown

I like fishing these flies just under the surface using a 9 ft 6X leader and some tiny split shot 15-18 inches above the fly.

Using your imagination, there's more colors and color combinations that can be tied. Try using different materials such as pheasant and turkey tails.

Follow the following link for some history, colors and a tying step by step


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

e.m.b. said...

I really like the Tan Bi-Color. All great looking flies though....I'll have to tie some up soon.

Bigerrfish said...

Really looking forward to reading about your trip!