Sunday, July 10, 2011

Direction of your tips

In order to minimize handling the material or misalignment of the material, always point the tips of the material in the direction they are going to be applied to the hook

Example

If I am tying in hair for the wing, I want the tips to come out of the stacker pointing in the direction of bend




If I were to tie a hair wing for let's say a Royal Wulff, I want the tips to come out of the stacker in the direction of the hook eye




I used the same hair for this example, but you get the idea

Using the methods above eliminates the need to turn the hair around in your fingers and making a mess out of the hair or whatever material you used. 

This method can also be used with wood duck, hackle fibers, calf tail etc.

Even if you don't use a hair stacker this method still applies

Hope this isn't confusing


Thanks for looking

No comments: