Sunday, December 30, 2012

DuBois Hackle Gauge

I was lurking on Ebay one evening and I spied an item called the "Du Bois Fly Fisherman's & Fly Tier's Gauge". I am familiar with other types of hackle gauges but I had never heard about this on so I ended up buying it for a reasonable price. This gauge is multi functional as opposed to other hackle gauges. It allows you to check on hook sizes, wet and dry tail length, wet and dry hackle length and wet and dry wing lengths. All in one gauge. Simple enough.

The gauge comes in a clear plastic protective sleeve and an instruction sheet on how to use the gauge.


Hackle Gauge


Instruction Sheet




2 comments:

Swamp Yankee said...

Thats neat because it shows hook sizes. Have you found hook size discrepancies between manufactures?

Normand Frechette said...

yes and thats without using the gauge. there are no standards in the hook industry so each manufacturer has its own standard for hooks.